CES Connect VIP Experience Sweepstakes
Terms and Conditions (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: VIP Experience (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (“Entrant(s)”). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Administrator’s decisions, which shall be final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the Prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on April 18, 2022 and ends on May 20, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). CES’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entrants are responsible for determining the corresponding time zone in their respective location.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants must register online at https://www.mcisemi.com/connect2022/customerLimit of one (1) entry per eligible person during the Sweepstakesa Period. NO PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
- Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: There will be one (1) winner selected at random on May 25, 2022 by raffle. The Prize winners will be notified via email provided with their registration information. (“Prize Notification”). Potential Prize winners must respond by email within forty-eight (48) hours of the date of the Prize Notification in order to be eligible to claim the Prize. If a potential winner timely responds, CES will send the winner any required forms (or other necessary tax forms that may require a Social Security number solely for tax reporting purposes) to the potential winner by email. Potential winner must fill out, execute, and return the forms by email within forty-eight (48) hours from the date of CES’s email. If the potential winner fails to execute and return the required forms within the required time period, or if he/she is otherwise ineligible to receive the Prize, an alternate may be selected in his/her place and, in such case, CES will attempt to contact and obtain the required forms from that alternate potential winner as detailed above. CES is not responsible for internet, telephone, or other communication problems of any kind. Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, or any Prize is unclaimed by the winner by the end of the Sweepstakes Period, then CES may award the Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries until a winner is selected.
- Odds: Many will enter; only one person will win. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. CES cannot accurately predict the number of entrants who will participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Prizes (“Prize(s)”):VIP treatment at the Connect event in Orlando, Florida, which includes VIP reception, early entrance to Counter Day, invitation to a once-in-a-lifetime party at Universal Studios CityWalkTM with exclusive access into Universal Islands AdventureTM for winner and three guests.
- For All Prizes: No cash equivalent will be paid unless required by law and the Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at CES’s sole discretion. CES reserves the right to substitute Prize for one of equal or greater value if the Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees required by law associated with the receipt of a Prize.
- Release: By receipt of any Prize, a winner agrees to release and hold harmless CES, Prize suppliers, and each of their respective direct or indirect subsidiaries, related entities, vendors, suppliers, distributors, advertising/Sweepstakes agencies, web designers, and their officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, contractors, agents, successors and assigns (collectively “Released Parties”) from and against any and all losses, liability, illness, injury, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, possession, use or misuse of any Prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to CES’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, opinions and/or hometown and state for Sweepstakes purposes worldwide, in perpetuity except where prohibited, in any and all media, manner, and formats now known or hereafter devised, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: CES reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, as determined by CES in its sole discretion. In such event, CES reserves the right to award the Prize at random among the eligible entries. CES reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other method, will void Entrant’s entries and Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or damage any website is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, CES reserves the right to seek damages and remedies (including attorney’s fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. CES’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. CES reserves the right to cancel or amend the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of CES’s control. If there are material changes to the Sweepstakes, CES will notify entrants of such changes via email.
- Limitations of Liability: Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, damages, losses, injuries, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or other such benefit including, without limitation, claims based on death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, misdirected, delayed, undelivered, inaccurate, lost, late, garbled, mutilated or illegible entries, or for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions, or limitations of any kind or for entries that for any reason are not received by CES by the stated deadline. Released Parties are not responsible for any error or malfunction that occurs when processing entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials, mailing of Prizes, or in awarding more Prizes than are intended. The Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Prizes and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without incorporation of any class action, by binding arbitration conducted in Dallas, Texas in accordance with the rules and procedures adopted by the American Arbitration Association; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes; (3) Entrant shall not be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees; and (4) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and CES in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Texas.
- Winners: will be notified by email that is provided during registration.
- Contact Us: For any questions, concerning the Sweepstakes please contact CES Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 462-7052.